|Caroline Ostromemail@example.com||Immediate Past Chair|
AILA Chapter Goals
1. Encourage and expand membership’s engagement with AILA.
2. Committee chair persons provide quarterly committee reports to membership.
3. Work with local non-profit and law school organizations to promote pro bono work and joint advocacy efforts.
4. Continue to educate the public on immigration issues and the effect on our immigrant communities through media resources and community out reach.
5. Sponsor high caliber regional conference and expand the promotion of the conference.
6. Continue focused discipline working groups and offer CLE opportunities.
To this end, here are some of the projects and initiatives underway for the coming year:
Expand membership engagement and participation: Current active leaders will reach out to members and invite participation.
Leadership communication: Each committee will update the website committee page, define the committee role and goals and communicate with the chapter quarterly.
Work together: Chapter leadership will work with non-profit and law school organizations to help support their efforts and join our advocacy efforts.
Continue to educate the public: Members will continue to work with media resources and provide community outreach to further educate the public on current immigration issues.
Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference: We will continue to offer a premier regional spring conference, keeping cost down and the content high. Promote the conference to other organizations, law schools, mid-west AILA chapters and other legal disciplines.
Education: We will continue to host disciplined working groups and chapter-wide CLEs and work to increase membership participation.
Diversity and inclusion: We will encourage and promote diversity and inclusion when considering whom to suggest as speakers and members of committees, and for leadership roles