Advanced I-864 Affidavit of Support CLE
This CLE will be a panel discussion by Tamara Caban-Ramirez of Caban-Ramirez Law, Henri Ongeri of Antolak & Ongeri, The TransAtlantic Law Firm, PLLC, and Laura Melnick of SMRLS and will be moderated by Kate Lovo of Goldfarb & Davis, PLLC. Discussion topics will include:
Form I-864 Preparation
- Determining income: household members; assets; Beneficiary’s qualifying credits of SSA income, etc.
- Advising (or not) joint sponsors
- NVC & Consular Review: how to navigate NVC and specific consular demands
- Resolving complex issues with Domicile & Foreign Income & Lack of US Taxes if Petitioner has resided abroad
- Amending the I-864 before/at interview
- What are sponsor’s specific obligations?
- By Whom/how/when are I-864s typically enforced?
- Family law issues, including prenuptial agreements and divorce proceedings (contract liability and spousal maintenance/alimony order)
- Public benefits: eligibility and potential Sponsor liability?
Time: 1:00-2:30 pm
Remote attendance will be available.
1.5 CLE credits
Registration fee for AILA members is $15
Thursday, April, 21 2016, 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
University of Minnesota Law School
229 19th Ave S, Room 65
Minneapolis, MN 55455
This event has passed.