CLE: How to Assess and File Humanitarian Parole Applications for Afghans: a local volunteer initiative
The Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN) and the MN-Dakota AILA (MN/DAK AILA) Chapter are co-sponsoring this CLE to provide guidance for attorneys who will be volunteering to help persons file humanitarian parole applications on behalf of Afghan nationals. Humanitarian parole allows person who are otherwise inadmissible to the USA to enter for a temporary period of time due to an emergency. Local nonprofit immigration service providers and resettlement agencies, including VLN, are receiving requests to file these applications. The CLE will provide background information and walk participants through assessing and filing a humanitarian parole application.
- John Medeiros, Attorney, Nilan Johnson Lewis PA
- Bashir Ghazialam, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Law Offices of Bashir Ghazialam
- Abigail Loesch, Attorney at Law, Benson & Loesch, PLLP
- Christine Phillips, Director of Immigration Legal Services, Arrive Ministries
- Colleen Beebe Purisaca, Manager/Attorney, Immigrant Legal Services Program, Volunteer Lawyers Network
1.5 CLE credit. The CLE is free and being provided via Zoom.
**PLEASE NOTE: Change in time of session , new scheduled time 11am-12:30pm**
Tuesday, October, 12 2021, 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Registrants will receive the Zoom link the day before the training. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Colleen Beebe, email@example.com or Mirella Ceja-Orozco, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will be asked to volunteer through the Volunteer Lawyers Network to help with this initiative.
This event has passed.