CLE: Recent Trends in Employment-Based Immigration
Date: Monday, September 23, 2019, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Location: Dorsey & Whitney LLP, 50 South Sixth Street, Suite 1500
Minneapolis, MN 55402
The current federal administration has made it a clear priority to place heightened scrutiny on all immigration‐related fillings, including employment‐based immigration, where the petitioner is a U.S. company seeking to sponsor professional as well as non‐professional foreign workers. This presentation will focus on recent trends in employment‐based immigration processing, and will look at patterns and developments in the US Citizenship and Immigration Service’s issuance of Requests for Evidence (RFE’s). Panelists – all of whom are experienced experts in employment‐based immigration law – will also share effective strategies to address these requests. Topics include the following:
- H‐1B (professional) visas, including specialty occupation, third party work sites, and beneficiary eligibility.
- L‐1 (intracompany) visas, including new offices, specialized knowledge, and managerial classifications
- O‐1 (extraordinary ability) visas
- I‐140 (immigrant visa petitions), including ability to pay
- John Medeiros (moderator), Myers Thompson Medeiros P.A.
- Bob Webber, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Sandra Feist, Grell Feist PLC
- George Maxwell, Borene Law Firm, P.A.
Monday, September, 23 2019, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
This event has passed.